Sunday 20 May 2012

Trish Keenan of Broadcast

I thought I would write a post on Trisha Keenan of the incredible band, Broadcast.  She sadly passed away last year on the 14th January.  I was just looking through my emails and I remembered right at the beginning of my inbox, back in 2008 are a few emails I exchanged with Trish in regards to possibly making a costume especially for her to wear during one of their tours.


 Broadcast for me, are one of my favourite bands.  Their music represented a new form of thinking within music, that essentially was quietly making its mark on the world.  I can remember many times listening to their albums and feeling like I was trapped inside this little psychedelic world of dreams and surrealism.  They offered something new to the world of music listeners, their sound had a new and fresh approach to music, one that was inspiring and not merely commercial for the sake of selling to a wide audience.  I saw them once at Shepherds Bush and it was a wonderful and mesmerising performance, one i'll never forget.

 I just wanted to share the image she sent me, which she had created to give me a bit of inspiration in regards to creating the costume.


I never did finish any costume for her sadly, but I was touched to be able to have this little peak into her creative mind.  She also introduced me to watch a few movies from the Czech New wave movement such as Daisies by Věra Chytilová and Valerie and her Week of Wonders which she told me inspired the lyrics for the song Valerie.  



  Rest in peace and I hope you are making beautiful music in heaven or wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment